Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Song Draft

Loneliness and nothingness was the only thing in my mind.
Walking down this empty road trying not to look behind.
Darkness slowly engulfed me as I stretched out my hand
Nothing left to hold on to, I thought that would be the end

In bottomless pit of this dark abyss, it yerns to be free- true feelings
These accursed wings of mine have appeared
Ready to take flight, into the revered night
Which lets me escape into the black void
With only a sliver of light, far off in the distance
No turning back now, for I've slipped to far

It appeared before me, a gleaming pure light
Coming closer and growing bigger in my eyes view
On accursed wings I fly- over the world of darkness towards the light
Which shines brightly on my face

Although these wings do not disappear
They are forever a relic of a past in new form
These wings of mine are my partner
Soaring together 'cross many worlds of light and dark
Seeing many things, living a dream

All suns and moons that have been spent in cold darkness,
Now do bask in warm bright light
These accursed wings of mine have turned to purity
I take flight to find my dreams as my reality
Soaring into the future of my world
My reality- my dream

2 comments:

Tim Moody said...

This is a really great song.
The only thing you might want to change is there are a couple of lines that sorta drag on
but its not that big a deal
Nice job

Ryan said...

This song looks more like a poem, but it sounds really good. I'm curious to know what it sounds like with music.